Nikon Should launch great Camera(FF Small Body) before Fuji launch FF

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
jfriend00
Forum ProPosts: 11,105
Like?
Re: Nikon Should launch great Camera(FF Small Body) before Fuji launch FF
In reply to Nexu1, 5 months ago

Nexu1 wrote:

IMO Fuji made a potentially fatal mistake by going at APS-C alone. One of the reasons Olympus & Panasonic have been able to survive with MFT is that they essentially went into it together. Fuji is alone. With hardly any lenses. And poor sales. And running in the red (last I checked). Mirrorless in general has stopped growing and is regressing faster than DSLR's are regressing: http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2014/02/06/cipa-2013-report-shows-first-time-decline-in-interchangeable-lens-camera-sa

That's your opinion.  I rather like Fuji's lens lineup.  For the majority of the population, Fuji has a pretty good set of lenses and the XF lenses are particularly good quality.  In fact, Fuji has more lenses optimized for the AFS-C sensor size than Nikon does and I find the XF 18-55 to be substantially better IQ than my Nikkor 17-55 f/2.8 and a ton smaller.  Here's the Fuji lineup as of this moment:

• Zeiss 12 f/1.8
  • Zeiss 32 f/1.8
  • Fuji XF 14 f/2.8
  • Fuji XF 18 f/2
  • Fuji XF 23 f/1.4
  • Fuji XF 27 f/2.8 (pancake)
  • Fuji XF 56 f/1.2
  • Fuji XF 60 f/2.4 (macro)
  • Fuji XF 10-24 f/4
  • Fuji XF 18-55 f/2.8-4
  • Fuji XF 55-200 f/3.5-4.8
  • Fuji XC 16-50 f/3.5-5.6
  • Fuji XC 50-230 f/4.5-6.7

On the published roadmap for later this year is another fast wide angle prime, a 50-140 f/2.8, 16-55 f/2.8 and 18-135.

The major omission is obviously long glass (300mm, 400mm, 600m).  So, aside from the long primes, this is a pretty nice set of lenses to select from and pretty much all created in the last 2 years. That's one cranking development and manufacturing team.

What would say are the major missing lenses in the Fuji lineup that are preventing lots of people from buying Fuji?

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow