Photoshoot of the Old Boiler Plant with 7-14.

Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vadimraskin
Senior MemberPosts: 3,540Gear list
Like?
Photoshoot of the Old Boiler Plant with 7-14.
5 months ago

Thanks to one of the Oly Forum members I had an opportunity to paly with this amazing lens on my old E-30. What a baby! Loved it! The old E-30 really came to life with it. Now I have a dilemma: EM-1 or 7-14/14-35 SHG glass? Can't afford both

The place is an old Boiler Plant on Roosevelt Island in NYC. The Plant is scheduled for shutdown in a few weeks so this might be the last opportunity to see in in action. Most of the equipment is from mid-century but there are a few pieces from 1930th. This is a last Plant of this kind in NYC. From engineering point of view I am not sorry to see it go because it is old, dirty, inefficient, costs a fortune to operate and burns #6 oil. Photographer in me is sad, though

Anyway, here are some of the results, processed in LR5 and PS6.

This is a four frame pano to show how big the place is.

the fire is still going...

Underground supply tunnel.

view from the third floor catwalk

View from above (five flights high)

vadimraskin's gear list:vadimraskin's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +3 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus E-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow