Like?
Re: D4s still lacks wifi and gps!!!
In reply to golf1982, 9 months ago

golf1982 wrote:

RicAllan wrote:

golf1982 wrote:

RicAllan wrote:

golf1982 wrote:

Still lacks wifi and gps. Basic and features found on years old hundred quid compacts!!!! It concerns me how nikon Just doesn't get it. please can someone tell nikon it is no longer 2005

If you want a P&S hundred quid camera... buy one. If you want a swiss army knife, buy one... Many others have tried to make the point regarding the downside (and sometimes difficulty) with certain features low volume cameras so I'll stop there.

i hve not seen a single downside to intigrated wifi or gps. Both are really usefull features that should have been included years ago. the cost of inclusion would be negligable, unless of course you account for the lost money from sales of the massively overpriced Nikon wifi dongle!!

Downside:

1) Two way connection means there's a way in, read TO HACK, the camera

2) As technology creeps along (right, creeps), today's standard soon becomes obsolete. If you buy cameras on the gee whiz factor, this may not be a big drawback but if you but it as a tool...

3) As someone else has already mentioned, if the wi-fi or gps malfunctions, you lose the whole camera during its repair

4) It adds cost some of us DO NOT WANT for features we will not us

5) It adds weight (a little bit here, a little bit there... adds up)

6) It adds size

7) It adds complexity impacting overall reliability

8) It does NOTHING for picture quality

Do you want me to go on....

Ric

-- hide signature --

Ric

i suggest you try the Nikon F. It is an excellent camera, takes excellent pictures and based on your comments above i think is the perfect camera for you.

Quite a few of the features currently in the product DO relate to recording images...  but then you may be too busy obsessing over features only useful to a few to actually take pictures.

A statement was made that there were no reasons not to add those features. Nowhere did I insinuate that NO ONE would use them... only state that there ARE reasons some don't want them and reasons they might not be being added to this particuilar product.

Where the sun don't shine.

-- hide signature --

Ric

RicAllan's gear list:RicAllan's gear list
Nikon D4s
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow