Nikon Should launch great Camera(FF Small Body) before Fuji launch FF

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Thoughts R Us
Contributing MemberPosts: 550
Like?
Re: Lens Size Issue with FF Mirrorless
In reply to Maverick2007, 9 months ago

I know it seems like everyone wants a FF mirrorless for size and weight convenience...but while the body can shrink, the problem is the lenses.

First off, I think Nikon would want to leverage its F mount and so any mirrorless would use the F mount.  But many, if not most F mount lenses are so large that they make the smaller body a moot point.

Even if Nikon designed a new lens mount system, the problem would still exist: AF FF lenses tend to be larger, and so you face a tradeoff. It's the same problem Sony is having now with their FF mirrorless. Either the lenses are too big to be practical on a small body, or else the lens is slow, or else you don't include AF.  There is no such thing as a free lunch.

So right now the problem exists in that how do you create a practical sized full lens system for a FF mirrorless body?

As for the Df, no one knows how much it has sold, but it clearly has not been a failure.

As for Fuji, their XT1 does indeed seem like a sweet camera, and they have built up a good lens system.  I don't think Fuji is going to do FF anytime in the future for the same reasons listed above.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow