Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
filibuster
Senior MemberPosts: 2,805
Like?
SOOC (Sort of) with the SX50HS
9 months ago

In the past it has been a matter of course for me to present a selection of images from a day’s shoot that has been processed, either in Oloneo PhotoEngine, or Corel’s PSPX6 or both, so it makes a change for me to upload a selection from today’s visit to Stratford Upon Avon without any changes to sharpening or colour. As they were converted in-camera from the RAW file to Jpeg, they rely solely on the Jpeg engine and my respective settings, so I have listed them below.

What I have done is correct horizontals and perspective distortion as I hate leaning buildings (unless they are about to fall down!)

I have done all this because I often see a request for ‘out of camera images’ on the odd occasion, and so these are my results for the SX50HS taken today.

What is important to note, is my in-camera settings, especially with regards to ‘my colours’ so here they are for those who have a mild interest: -

Av mode: ISO 80 (as always). Minus 2/3rds exp comp throughout: AWB.

Custom Colour settings: Contrast +1: Sharpness -2: Saturation Default: Red -1: Other colours default.

Continuous Shooting mode used - best of a set selected. Evaluative or Centre weighted adopted.

3:2 aspect ratio being my choice for the day.

Jpeg Superfine. DR correction 'Off'

-- hide signature --

Quote hhgttg: Life is wasted on the living.
filibuster (Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, UK)
http://picasaweb.google.com/scenic.filibuster

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow