Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fishywisht
Senior MemberPosts: 1,337
Like?
1D, shutter button travel & fps
9 months ago

Does anybody else find it difficult to fire just a single shot on the high-speed continuous modes on the 1D? On the 1D II I am finding it that difficult that I am tempted to drop into 3fps though I think if it had the 5fps option I could cope with it. Admittedly the MkII is very old now and the button might be a bit soggy but I don't think even from new it had the travel in it like the Nikon D300 button that gave me a good tactile distance from focus activation to capture. My problem is that the travel is quite short and I can only shoot a single shot at 8.3fps if I dedicate myself to it, but not in the normal process of following action and I keep blowing an extra shot. I didn't experience this difficulty using a D300 at 8fps. Exacerbating the problem is switching between a backup APS-C body that behaves more normally.

Did Canon alter the feel of the shutter button through the 1D iterations?

Canon EOS-1D Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow