From the Nikon D4 to the Fujifilm X-T1

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
SVPhotography
Regular MemberPosts: 188
Like?
Re: From the Nikon D4 to the Fujifilm X-T1
In reply to historianx, 7 months ago

Most 35mm DSLR shooters are not looking at the Fuji as a replacement system - it will sit along side their FF gear for work that requires a smaller kit or that doesn't require the larger kit (e.g. personal work)

Most m4/3 shooters would view the Fuji as a replacement system - why would anyone keep a m4/3 and Fuji X system at the same time - they have the same strengths and weaknesses when compared to a DSLR kit.

Hence its a case of DSLR and Fuji X vs. M4/3 or Fuji X

historianx wrote:

I find it odd that FF shooters, for the most part, like the Fuji system, certainly as a smaller alternative for certain kinds of critical-need commercial work, whereas the m4/3 shooters, for the most part, are in denial about the system's capabilities to the point they think their cameras are somehow equal to or exceed the performance of the Fujis. Well, I came from 4/3rds, and while capable, there was always a seed of doubt in my mind that 4/3rds was adequate for critical use--even using the latest and greatest 4/3 sensor technology (like Drew I have a Panny GX1, which starts to fall apart at >iso1600). Not so with the Fuji. I am spoiled, as are my clients, and while life with Fujifilm can be quirky at times, so far I'm loving it.

Search this forum for a user named "Pursang" a Dallas-based commercial photographer (and Canon FF shooter) who had a iso200 RAF file from his X100S blown up to 80 x 18 feet, and is now hanging off the side of the Dallas Symphony Orchestra building in Dallas. Impressive, to say the least.

Welcome to the forum

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow