D4s still lacks wifi and gps!!!

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
CFynn
Senior MemberPosts: 5,223Gear list
Like?
Re: D4s still lacks wifi and gps!!!
In reply to Pandaemas, 9 months ago

Pandaemas wrote:

While I understand that adding wifi and GPS seems blatantly easy and inexpensive, but I also understand that they are more "gimmick" to me than a real use for cameras.

While others have stated there are certain rules and regulations against having wifi and gps in a device, to me they are extra features that are not neccessary and may break down and cause the camera to function properly.

Both these technologies have reached a state where they are very reliable - much more so than many other components in a DSLR.

They should be even more reliable when built into a camera than they are when mounted externally where they can easily get knocked and need to rely on external cables and connectors

Do you really think it would be beyond the capabilities of Nikon engineers to design cameras in such a way that if either of these components failed it would not effect the normal functioning of all the other features of the camera?

CFynn's gear list:CFynn's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow