Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
andrbar
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,802Gear list
Like?
Interesting tip I discovered 5' ago about the P7100
5 months ago

For those who are interested, I was playing with my trusty P7100 and discovered something I didn't know. Maybe some of you are already aware of that, but, in case they are not:

Let's say you set the Fn2 button so that it displays the histogram (BTW, not really useful, because too small, but well...).

When you press Fn2, the histogram appears. The button is a toogle one. Press again, and the histogram disappears.

Now, press again Fn2. You see the histogram.

Now go to the menu and set the Fn2 button so that it displays the grid. Press Ok.

Now, you have both the histogram and the grid. If you press Fn2, the grid disappears. Press again, it reappears. The histogram is still there.

Now, with the grid and the histogram "on", go to the menu again, and set Fn2 so that it displays the level gauge. Press OK.

Now, you have the histogram, the grid, and the level gauge. And so on. Might be useful for some.

Don't know if the P7700 and 7800 behave the same way. You might check if you're intererested.

-- hide signature --
 andrbar's gear list:andrbar's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +3 more
Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon Coolpix P7700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow