Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fish Chris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,648Gear list
Like?
How to attract Cedar Waxwings ???
4 months ago

Alright, so I'm lucky enough to live in an area that is swarming with Cedar Waxwings ! Funny thing is, up until a couple years ago, I didn't know we even had them, as I had never seen them up close, and from a distance, I just probably ignored them, assuming they were the ultra-common brown Sparrows that we also have. {kind of like how I never saw Hummers up until about 10 years ago... then, since my eyes were opened to them, hardly a day goes by that I don't see 5 or more of them.... heck, even on my work days

Anyway, so yea... probably within 100 yards, in 2 or 3 different directions, their are literally flocks of Waxwings from say, 20 to 75 in #....

But how to get them down into my back yard, to shoot them up close ? I know they eat mostly berries and fruit... at some times of the year, and more insects at other X's....

I have been thinking about a regular seed feeder, but I don't think this will work with Waxwings  ?

Oh.... yes, I've taken a few shots of Waxwings before..... but I know I can do SO much better with my 7D.... especially if I have a blind going by the time I get them into the yard.... IF I can get them into the yard ?

Any ideas ???

Peace,

Fish

Fish Chris's gear list:Fish Chris's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow