Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mark B UK
Senior MemberPosts: 1,095Gear list
Like?
Considering X-T1: RAW file question
8 months ago

I'm considering whether to upgrade my current Olympus E-M5 to an E-M1 or whether to make a switch to the X-T1. Having used the comparison tool on this website to compare the Fuji's high-ISO RAW performance with that of my current and potential upgrade Olympus models (and also with the Nikon Df) I am amazed by how little noise the Fuji exhibits.

One question I'm unclear about, that I'd appreciate clarification on, is whether or not Fuji applies noise reduction to its RAW files. Or, to put it another way, is the apparent lack of noise really at the expense of sharpness and fine detail? I've seen suggestions that this might be the case, but am not sure whether it is true.

Mark B UK's gear list:Mark B UK's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon Df Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow