ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JahnG
Regular MemberPosts: 337Gear list
Like?
Activating of MS Office 2013
6 months ago

Hi.

I'm setting up a brand new HP 17" laptop(!) for my daughter. Win 7 is now ok, and virus checking, etc
, and I'll soon buy a PaintshopPro program. (I prefer Paintshop). Now to my question.

I hava bought "Microsoft Office for homes and students" for my daughter to use, (she is still at the university). I have bought the program in a real shop, (a big electronics etc. market). I assumed the box would contain a DVD and an activation code,like soemetimes earlier, when I have had NO PROBLEMS to install earlier version of OFFICE !! BUT the box contained a code yes, abd only a paper with and e-mail address to Microsoft! (www.office.com/setup)

There I'm asked to give the activating code 25 characters, until now all is OK, BUT THEN YOU NEED A MICROSOFT ACCOUNT (AND CODE) TO GO FORWARD. (I also tried to use the "one time" account, GIVING MY E-MAIL TO MY OFFICE, BUT LOOKING AT THE OFFICE*S E-MAIL AT THE SAME TIME, (through another computer) NOTHING HAS ARRIVED THERE.

SO IT IS NOT ENOUGH THAT I HAVE PAID FOR THE PRODUCT IN CASH, AND HAVE AN ACTIVATING CODE, I  ALSO NEED TO GET A "MICROSOFT ACCOUNT" GIVING MY E-MAIL AND PHONE NUMBER, POST ADDRESS, AGE,  TO MICROSOFT. (FOR WHAT EVER REASON???)   I find these completely my own business, and no business of MICROSOFT !!!

1. ANY SUGGESTION HOW TO PROCEED, WITHOUT A MICROSOFT ACCOUNT??

2. YOU CAN ALSO GUESS, IF I WILL EVER AGAIN BUY MS OFFICE FOR MY PERSONAL USE!!!

REGARDS

JahnG

JahnG's gear list:JahnG's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 Pentax K100D Super Pentax K-r
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow