Which lens or lenses to keep?
9 months ago

I was given as Christmas gift the following:

Canon T5i

18-55mm STM

55-250mm IS II (the non STM)

50mm f/1.8

Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 Macro HSM

In the passed 3 months, I found myself rarely use the 50mm f/1.8 but still plan to keep it. However, there are really duplication of the two Canon lenses and the Sigma. I compared the several hundred of photos which I have taken in this period with the related 3 lenses, believe that the 18-55mm is a little better than the Sigma at 18-22mm in IQ and the 55-250mm seems more capable from 200mm to far end 250mm if compare to the Sigma.

However, the Sigma is always on the T5i recently as I never feeling the need to bring the other two lenses with me. It's nothing related with "the afraid of changing lenses", but I just not seeing the worth of doing it.

To cut it short, what should I keep? Keep the Sigma and sell the 18-55mm and 55-250mm or the other way? I know they worth not much but it just not make sense keeping something to gather dirt.

Thanks in helping me to make the decision.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i / EOS Kiss X7i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow