I CAN I CAN take photos of my kids with XE1 !!

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,921Gear list
Like?
I CAN I CAN take photos of my kids with XE1 !!
9 months ago

What a poor excuse that you can't take photos of your kids when they are moving all over the place. Like i've always said, is all about positioning yourself at the right place, then know when to hit the trigger. You don't need a nikon D4 to do this

I am REALLY enjoying my XE1. I went to the park this afternoon and took a bunch of photos of a bunch of kids running around. These little critters move very fast and they are not very patience in stopping for a portrait shot.

All jpegs here. Some came out way too overexposed because i forgot to stop down the apperture, but the point is that the AF is no slouch at all. This thread is not about how much i mest up on my photos, i'm still learning its behavior, among other things

Damn, the 18-55 lens is very sharp, and it actually produces a very very pleasant bokeh. Great great little lens.

What i am REALLY liking is the size of the camera and lens and the USEFULNESS compared to a big DSLR. Look at the photo of the puppy, that little sucker was moving SO MUCH that i decided to just grab his face and hold him still, and i took the shot really quick. There is no way i could have taken that shot at THAT DISTANCE away form the puppy's face and the lens with my big DSLR and the huge nikon 17-55 or even the 16-85 lens.

I have discover how AGILE and valuable this small mirrorless cameras can be.

Pretty darn cool i say! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow