EM1 42.5 f/1.2 random shots Birthday Party...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
neil holmes
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,025
Like?
Re: EM1 42.5 f/1.2 random shots Birthday Party...
In reply to LTZ470, 6 months ago

LTZ470 wrote:

I was just shooting and enjoying the party, not trying for any poses...I shot the A7r with 55mm and did not get one sharp shot as it could not focus fast enough to lock AF and shoot...the EM1 w/ 42.5 f/1.2 is a "class act" folks...it works excellent...it is excellent sharp at f/1.2...I shot these at f/1.4 I do not know why...should have shoot at f/1.2...

Large SF jpegs...cropped...added punch...reduced highlights...lifted shadows on the first photo of my brother in law and his beautiful wife (The backlight was killer!)

Look at the ISO's all 200...lol...indoors...

A7r went all the way to 2500 unnecessarily once and 1600 other times and not ONE clean clear sharp shot...too slow...

EM1 and 42.5 is a portrait machine...

http://acwilli.smugmug.com/Other/Lukes-Birthday-2014/

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Some very nice shots there (and better than I expected from the 42.5).

I do think you should retry the A7R.

My A7 and kit lens focused well last night at the harness races in light that SEEMED a lot lower than you had  (maybe not but looks that way to me).... a lot slower lens but a lot faster action.

It is just a kit lens and I took it along to see how it would work and it surprised me (in terms of focusing in low light). I guess the lack of PDAF in the R makes a difference.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow