Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
bruxi
Regular MemberPosts: 251Gear list
Like?
Re: Importance of gear ...
In reply to deednets, 8 months ago

deednets wrote:

bruxi wrote:

Learning the principles of light or post processing will give you 100x better photos than a new body or lens.

Gear is the sad crutch of the lazy, vision-less photographer.

100x? is that a fact?

I take it you have good lighting?

I agree regarding a "new" body! I am not sure where this "new" comes into this, I was asking about the correlation between gear, then confidence then better photos - or not. Clearly you think there is nothing in it for you, right?

So you would go onto an Alaska photoshoot with an iPHONE? Or a G10? Regardless, because gear doesn't matter? And compensate with knowledge, light and PP?

I think you might be going a long way with this attitude, but I am not sure where this "new" equals vison-less comes from?

Deed

Except that you reference the newest and most expensive DSLR's as "fabulous toys" and the basis for your entire point.  If you need to have the most expensive camera gear to be confident, so be it.

bruxi's gear list:bruxi's gear list
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow