Camranger question from a Johnny come lately.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gpaai
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Camranger question from a Johnny come lately.
4 months ago

Hi Everyone,

Since joining dpreviews I have mainly been a reader, but have finally got something that needs an answer.

A year and a half ago I lost 90% use of my right arm and thought I would never shoot again. Then recently I discovered Camranger. Now I'm back in the studio with an assistant shooting and directing away.

So, I'm shooting with a Canon 50D until I can sell my 5D and save to upgrade to a Mk 2 or 3. Anyway, my set up is The 50D, the Camranger w/ app on an iPad Air. I'm using Pocket Wizards to fire 2 Alien Bee 800 strobes.

When setting up the shot on the iPad in live view mode, before I can push the capture button I have to turn off the live view before the strobes will fire. This seems like an unnecessary step that bogs the mood of the shoot down, making the model hold pose that much longer.

Do I not have something set right to capture without turning live view off and on?

Thanks for any help.

Gary

Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow