D4s still lacks wifi and gps!!!

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
vortex09
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
Re: D4s still lacks wifi and gps!!!
In reply to golf1982, 8 months ago

golf1982 wrote:

Still lacks wifi and gps. Basic and features found on years old hundred quid compacts!!!! It concerns me how nikon Just doesn't get it. please can someone tell nikon it is no longer 2005

I'm with you; it's asinine that either of these "features" are excluded from any DSLR released over the past several years. Unless it's a bare-bones $300 model where every corner is cut in the name of cost -- which, ironically, are the only Nikon models getting these features!

The ignorance in this thread is stunning. GPS is only for "girls posting selfies to Facebook?" How about easy geotagging of landscape photos shot in remote areas? Because Nikon declined to include an incredibly cheap GPS chip in the D610 (couldn't they have at least used it as a good cover for the fact this model is just a non-defective D600?), I now have to record my GPS track to a file on my phone, then try to sync the track file with photo timestamps later. Thanks, Nikon. And last I checked, I'm not shooting "girlie selfies" or concerned about posting to social media from the field.

As for wi-fi, that's more debatable given some of the issues raised here. Still, it ought to be included. I shot with a Canon 6D up until a couple months ago, and the ability to remote control with a smartphone was very handy in certain situations.

vortex09's gear list:vortex09's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D610 Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow