blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 7,506Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus OM-D E-M10 or Sony A6000?
In reply to tjuster1, 9 months ago

tjuster1 wrote:

captura wrote:

telefunk wrote:

The difference between an APS sensor and 4/3 are negligeable. Both are small compared to FF, which itself was considered small in the film days. I myself use even smaller for art galleries or magazine prints because there are certain advantages to each size.

NOT negligible. The FF sensor is 2X the surface area of the Sony APS-C sensor. The Sony APS-C sensor is 50% larger in area, than the M43 sensor.

Do the math.

Sigh. And the math says what about IQ? You know darn well it doesn't say a thing.

Sigh, who is perpetuating myths now?

Nothing's worse than when a newbie asks a reasonable question and the old guard--who knows better--perpetuates lies.

Not really, it is answers like yours that confuse the newbees and make people believe in myths.

Captura is right, the APS-C sensor is nearly twice the size, and check the DxOmark sensor ratings - it matters.

Yes the APS-C sensor is larger, but no it doesn't make much difference to IQ. The OP should feel free to corroborate that him/her self, since this is the SONY forum so the zealots will quickly rise to defend their brand and put down any other (especially m43).

So we are condemned for speaking up? On the Sony forum?

As I've written many times, both on here and in the m43 forum, I own cameras from both systems and the images are, for all practical purposes, indistinguishable. By far the biggest factor is the lens on the camera. By far.

Sure, get the most expensive f/1.4 lenses to catch up with the very good f/1.8 lenses on the APS-C cameras. More money. Still, you only get 16Mp. The A6000 has 24Mp. But you conveniently forget that - after all it is only math.

But if it makes you feel superior to have a bigger sensor, then go for it.

Per my math, larger sensor + more megapixels - sounds like a winner. Or, hasn't the Nex-7 reigned in IQ since its introduction? Or is that also only math?

Math wins over myths, every time.

The OP should decide on his/her needs, and pick the format that fits. Making them equal sounds a bit like a stretch, on all accounts.

Like I said in my other answer - April is another month away - wait for reviews to come out, check the DxOmark sensor ratings when published, visit a store to compare. Forget the myths...

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +34 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow