ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Harold66
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,529Gear list
Like?
A specific question for Ricoh GW-3 owners
8 months ago

Hello everyone

As most of you know , I have always been a ricoh fan and the GR is my favorite of all ( although the GXR will probably trump it if it had a real good EVF)

I bought the GR in Tokyo when I was visiting Japan  and got the Gw-3 21mm conversion lens  along

While I am very impressed by the image quality of the converter, I am bothered by what is not available for the Gw-3 even as an extra option. There is no lens cap available and because the lens surface is not flat , I am not sure that any cap of the right diameter would fit without touching the front of the glass

The rubber hood that comes with the Gw-3 is not very practical and one cannot get a metallic hood ( that would at least offer some side protection) since there are no grooves on the lens barrel to screw on anything

A few days ago I was watching a gw-3 presentation and the guy showing it had a lens cap that seemed to fit the wide conversion lens

I checked B&H thinking that maybe depending on the countries , in some it would feature a lens cap but I do not see any in Europe or american sites

Does ANYONE here have found and used a cap for this Gw3 that works on it without touching the glass? which diameter is it ?

AND has anyone found a better hood for the gw-3

if anyone actually KNOWS I would appreciate the feedback.

I do a lot of street and  travel photography and mounting and unmounting the lens front unprotected in my pocket is not a great solution

Thank you

Harold

-- hide signature --

www.haroldglit.com
www.modelmayhem.com/haroldglit

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 +16 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow