ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jawed
Regular MemberPosts: 120Gear list
Like?
NEX-6 Viewfinder is awful
4 months ago

Actually, that's somewhat trollicious.

I don't own a NEX-6, I simply borrow one occasionally, to use with my Rokinon 8mm fisheye lens. I do plan to buy an a6000 as soon as possible.

I noticed, today, incredibly low resolution in the viewfinder while framing to take a picture. I could see jaggies on sharp, bright, high-contrast edges and those jaggies had colour-moire on them too.

After shooting the picture these edges looked clean: much higher resolution and no colour-moire.

So, that makes the viewfinder pretty awful for shooting, since it appears to have terrible resolution. I don't understand why I hadn't noticed before.

Surely I'm not the first to notice this.

It's as if the live video feed for shooting has just enough resolution to drive the rear-LCD. Because the EVF has much higher resolution, this shortfall is easy to see, but on the LCD it looks "fine".

This puts a whole new perspective on the question of the "low resolution" EVF in the a6000. As far as the shooting experience goes, it would appear that the a6000 is likely to be no worse than NEX-6.

Jawed's gear list:Jawed's gear list
Sony a6000
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow