ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Amar Singh
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Nikon D5200 w/ AF-S and Prime Nikkor Glass for Video
8 months ago

Hi.

I am about to begin shooting video for a food blog. I have a studio with a lot of natural light where the shoots we take place, and I will also do some work in the field at restaurants. I have a lot of non VR Nikon glass from my days shooting film with a F100. I am thinking about getting a dedicated dSLR for video. I have a D700, but unfortunately it does not shot video!

The lenses I have are the 60, 120 Macro, AF-S 17-35, 28-70, 80-200, Prime 50, 20, 35, 85. So it is a solid collection. I was thinking about getting a camcorder, but I feel that would be a waste not to be able to use the glass.

My questions are does anyone have experience using these lenses on a Nikon body for video? How was the focusing? Depth of field? Overall quality? Is the 5200 a good choice as a dedicated video dSLR?

Any other thoughts / recommendations are appreciated. I know that the D5300 and D7100 are released and are good choices, but I am not looking for the newest, just the best value.

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D5200 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow