What are the real MP of superzoom bridge cameras ?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mr.NoFlash
Senior MemberPosts: 2,203Gear list
Like?
What are the real MP of superzoom bridge cameras ?
9 months ago

I need more tele reach.

There for example is a 75-300 F*-5.6 lens for Microfourthirds and according to dxomark it delivers 6 Megapixels. I assume the 70-300 for my Fourthirds cam is in approx the same league. 600mm equivalent.

If I would have canon APS, there is a Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II and according to dxomark it delivers 6 Megapixels. But only 380mm equivalent

Then a Nikon 70-300 for Nikon 1 is rumored ( just thinking about getting a Nikon 1 ) and according to dxomark the Nikon 1 30-110 delivers 5 Megapixels, I assume the 70-300 will also only deliver approximately 5 MP. Advantage: This would be 810mm equivalent

But I would prefer even more reach, and I do not want to buy a big DSLR incl big lenses.

So I am thinking of Bridge-cam superzooms instead. Those reach approx. 1200mm equivalent, but the question if, which which "real" megapixel ( what the lens delivers ) more on the tele side and with quite open aperture ( because the quite bad ISO performance ).

If those Bridge-cam superzooms deliver only 1-2 Megapixels in good quality ( because a 40-60* zoom range ) then its better to have only my above mentioned 300mm Lenses with approx 2 focal length multiplier with above mentioned 5-6 MP, which I can crop and this way enlonger the zoom, and in addition have better ISO performance.

What do you think, What are the real MP ( at the tele side and aperture quite open ) for example do have the lenses of the Fuji X-S1 ( *-600mm eq ), Fuji S1 ( *-1200mm eq ) , Panny FZ70/FZ72 ( *-1200mm eq ), Panny FZ200 ( *-600mm ), Sony DSC-H400 ( *-1550mm ) ? etc

The problem with the FZ200 and X-S1 would be: Those do not have more reach than most of the at the beginning mentioned Telezoom lens Systems.

-- hide signature --

cheers
Mr.NoFlash

Mr.NoFlash's gear list:Mr.NoFlash's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W1 Leica Digilux 3 Samsung NX300
FinePix S1 Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow