Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
snaphappyexpat
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Lock Auto ISO in M Mode
5 months ago

Canon 60D: was shooting a spot-lit stage show recently; I wanted to fix the aperture at wide open and the shutter at 1/250 (getting camera shake any slower and no need for any faster). The spotlighting varied very quickly so rather than try to keep up with a fixed ISO, I used ISO Auto. When the lights went up I got the exposure I wanted with low ISO and the ISO increased as the lights went down. All good so far.

Then I wanted to lock the metered ISO after spot-metering on a face, then recomposing. As AE lock is disabled in M mode, the ISO was shooting up unnecessarily when I moved away from the face. My solution was to use Tv instead but then aperture would drift a couple of thirds away from wide open which is not what I wanted. Anyone experienced this and can provide a good reason why AE lock doesn't simply lock Auto ISO in M mode like it does in Av and Tv?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow