Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dannybgoode
Contributing MemberPosts: 829Gear list
Like?
I admit it - I was wrong!
6 months ago

Not so long ago I was posting about how I would never ditch my dSLR (OK dSLT but same difference for the sake of this confession) for a MILC.

Not because MILC's do not because they don't have mirrors or because every time you take a photo with one a kitten dies or anything like that - I was simply concerned about handling.

Then, having felt so liberated in having a high quality camera that I can carry around all the time (Ricoh GRD IV) I began seriously considering something from the Fuji X range.

With the offer of a free lens on the X Pro 1 I have a really good play with one in my LCS and fell in love.  Much smaller and lighter than the A77 I had, really great IQ, stunning lenses and importantly with the manual aperture and shutter speed dials together with the control wheel - really well thought out handling.

Next up, high ISO - I admit I have never seen the point before.  Why judge a camera by its high ISO IQ.  Use a tripod or a flash where needed.  Again, I have been proved wrong!  In a museum today with the X Pro 1 and being able to happily snap my little boy handheld, no flash at sensible shutter speeds at ISO 3200 or even 6400 was quite liberating!

Now I am not saying I will never own a dSLR again or choose or criticise a camera because it can't shoot above ISO 1600 but I will try in future but it has been an interesting journey of discovery about how my preconceptions on certain aspects of photography have been blown away...

-- hide signature --
 dannybgoode's gear list:dannybgoode's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +7 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow