Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rz350
Forum MemberPosts: 51Gear list
Like?
Stabilisation
9 months ago

Someone asked why I had SIS enabled on my EP-5 because this seemed to cause the shutter shock at 1/250 sec (vertical movement of the photo) with my 9-18 lens and which did not occur on either my e-pm1 or gf-3. Question? How many Olympus users regardless of camera turn the stabilisation off and only use it in low light situations?

How many like me leave it on all the time?

I used my E-PM1 with it always enabled and can't complain about the the results. It has other failings, but IS wasn't one of them.

I would like for DPREVIEW to comment on whether they leave IS on all the time because they stated they had shutter shock symptoms at what should be shutter speeds that would not seem to require IS. My curiousity has been aroused.

Perhaps Olympus can do a firmware update that will turn IS off at shutter speeds deemed safe enough not to require it.

And if you are in denial regarding shutter shock syndrome, please disregard the shutter shock syndrome stuff and respond to the IS question.

Regards

Dave

rz350's gear list:rz350's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6
Olympus PEN E-PM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow