The XF23mm f/1.4 is not for shy street photographers.... ;)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lakeview Man
Regular MemberPosts: 253Gear list
Like?
The XF23mm f/1.4 is not for shy street photographers.... ;)
7 months ago

You know what - I love the Fujifilm X-T1. And I love the quality of the files I get and the build quality of the XF 23mm f/1.4 lens. But today was the first time I really had the chance to use this combo on the street. And.. it's fast, it does what it's supposed to... But... I felt like I was back to the Canon 7D with a big lens again. I felt like I was intruding peoples personal space. (Probably I am doing that with whatever camera I am using... but..)

Fujifilm X-T1+XF23mm f/1.4 lens. Raw converted to Tiff in Adobe Camera Raw with the new Astia/soft camera profile.

I've been shooting with the X-Pro1 and the XF 35mm f/1.4 and the X100s on the street. The X100s is perfect. Almost. You see... I am a shy person. I don't like to get too close to people. The X100s let me get closer than I was used to with my 7D +EF-S18-55mm f/2.8 combo without feeling shy. The X-Pro1 and the XF35mm let me stay a bit further away which I like. But the X-Pro1 is a bit slow.

The X-T1 is not that much bigger than the X100s actually, probably the Size of the X-E1/X-E2 + some. But the XF 23mm looks very big on it.

So today after shooting with X-T1 and XF23mm I put the XF35mm f/1.4 on the X-T1, and that felt better. I could keep some more distance to my subjects, and the lens was not that big.

I know I know I know. Everybody sees me with the XF35mm lens too. It's all in my head. Still. I felt more comfortable.

To see the rest of my examples, check out: http://www.larsauthen.com/blog/2014/3/8/fujifilm-x-t1-on-the-street

-- hide signature --
 Lakeview Man's gear list:Lakeview Man's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +10 more
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow