Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sol Invictus
Regular MemberPosts: 276Gear list
Like?
Do you like Sony colors?
6 months ago

Well my impression on the way that Sony renders colors is that they come out too dark and muted, they seem to have no life in them and they are quite far from capturing real life tones. I need to do quite a lot of post processing in order to bring them to my liking but also close to true to life colors.

Browns shift to grey, bright green shifts to dark green, soil brown turns almost grey-brown, sky blue turns muted blue and so on. This situation is not WB or Creative Style related. Indeed the usual modes such as Landscape, Vivid or so do not change the situation that much. Any given theme (landscapes especially) are not rendered like I want them to.

On the other hand, I never had such issues with my Nikon or Canon cameras that I now use. Both these brands offer great color reproduction and leave you with sufficient time to do other pp work.

Your opinion on the subject?

-- hide signature --

To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wild flower, hold Infinity in the palm of your hand and Eternity in an hour...

Sol Invictus's gear list:Sol Invictus's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS ACDSee Pro 5 HDRsoft Photomatix Pro DxO Optics Pro Elite +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow