Will the GH4 provide better stills than the EM1?

Started Mar 8, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ians Creations
Forum MemberPosts: 54Gear list
Will the GH4 provide better stills than the EM1?
Mar 8, 2014

I just bought the EM1 yesterday to give it a trial at a wedding shoot I have tomorrow.  I have two GH3s, but I have been wanting to try the EM1.

I also have had my eye on the GH4 for stills.  I'm currently not investing in 4K, so that is not a consideration.  I am simply looking for the best sensor for stills to date for the m4/3 line.  I was heavily considering the GX7 because I understand that sensor is newer than the GH3.

So my question is...overall, what m4/3 body will provide the best still sensor upon the release of the GH4?  Will the EM1 maintain the edge it currently has over the GH3?  What about the GX7?

Ians Creations's gear list:Ians Creations's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +5 more
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow