Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeff4500
Senior MemberPosts: 1,148Gear list
Like?
EP5 video - simply amazing.
5 months ago

Ok, so it only images 2 1080P 30 fps 20 mb. That out of the way, what an amazing run and gun video camera with the IBIS and its size. It's smaller size and the IBIS make it my choice over the Gx7. Why would you put stabilization in a camera body and then not allow it to be used on a camera that has great video? To ensure that people could only use Pany lenses for video?

My other main video camera is a D7100 (not using HDMI Ninja out yet) and its 1080P matches well with the EP5's. The video capabilities of this camera mean that I'm going to buy two primes Oly primes (17 1.8/25 1.8) solely for video . You don't see this discussed a lot, but if you are not looking for theater release stuff, with its tilting screen, small size, and Run&Gun IBIS if you own one give it a serious try.

I've actually found that the quality when using Vegas and mixing with the 24 mbite data from the 7100 is undetectable. I might have gone GX7 if it could use it's internal stabilization with legacy and Oly lenses for video. Perhaps they will change that in a software update, but I was upgrading from an EPL1 and had Nikkor legacy glass  that I use so IBIS was the feature that made my choice. Love also the digital teleconverter on the fn button and the focusing on the touch screen for videos.

I've only  taken about 1,000 still images (Oly zooms and some MF Nikkors) but I don't seem to see shutter shock. Anyone else here pretty amazed by the handheld videos of the EP5?

-- hide signature --
 Jeff4500's gear list:Jeff4500's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Olympus PEN E-P5 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +10 more
Nikon D7100 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow