There is no magical size/weight advantage

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
IVN
IVN
Senior MemberPosts: 1,598Gear list
Like?
Re: Why do keep trolling the N1 forum? (Compare 10-100 & 18-200 vas 28-300)
In reply to jjoyce, 9 months ago

jjoyce wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

jjoyce wrote:

IVN wrote:

frank-in-toronto wrote:

maybe i'm slow, but the 1 series lenses sure look smaller to me. much smaller.

Which for example?

The majority here got the N1 during the fire sales and found that these cameras are a lot better than the forums and web would make you believe.

Of course. As a matter of fact, I bought the V1 dual zoom kit before any fire sales ever been dreamed about and I still liked it and would do it again because I like it, but that was not the point.

Go compare the sizes of these three lenses, Nikon N1 New 10-100, DX18-200 and FX28-300 and report back... (All around 3.5-5.6)

Are they similar in any other parameter then the aperture size?

100/5.6 = 17.86

200/5.6 = 35.71

300/5.6 = 53.57

...so, let me guess... without checking the actual facts that the 28-300 is the fattest, followed by the 18-200 and the smallest is the 10-100.

Don't you really have a clue why that is?

They all have the same FoV and let the same amount of light hit the respective sensors.

I do not know why this place gets so stirred up about the DoF, there are different sensor sizes depending on which tool you need. I have three I personally use, iPhone, N1 & FX. I use the tool needed for the job and DoF required.

-- hide signature --

Jason

Because not everyone wants or can afford 3 "systems". My V1 and my N1 lenses are currently my only system. Naturally I would like to see Nikon step it up, so that I can continue to use that system without being limited in so many situations, like I am now.

And for that to be possible, Nikon has to introduce N1 cameras with better sensors and more faster lenses.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow