D4s still lacks wifi and gps!!!

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
CFynn
Senior MemberPosts: 5,223Gear list
Like?
Re: I have read
In reply to Josh152, 7 months ago

Josh152 wrote:

That some events won't let in in with a wifi device and that there are different laws and regulations for wifi and gps in different countries and so Nikon would have to make different versions of the bodies for different countries including some that dont' have the GPS and Wifi due to import restrictions. Because of the comparative low volume sales, it may not be profitable for Nikon to have to make different versions like that.

Is this true or a myth? The GPS and Wi-Fi in my phone work in every country - I don't need to get a different phone when I travel. Do Nikon sell different versions of their add-on GPS and wi-fi units in different countries?

How do Canon manage to include these things on the lowly 6D?

As for events, would the security guards at events know that your camera had built in wi-fi? If you turned it off, it would also be undetectable.

CFynn's gear list:CFynn's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow