Started 8 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Teresa in Florida
Regular MemberPosts: 161
Like?
Canon Rebel 5Ti REVIEW
8 months ago

Just purchased the Canon Rebel 5Ti from Samclub (Bundle Kit) for $1000....yes one thousand dollars!......I have always owned a point and shoot that I carried in my purse at all times which honestly did a great job!.....My sister in law owns a Canon Rebel 3Ti and when she was posting her photos on facebook, I was like WOW these photos are SO CRISP!!!!.....so I did my research and bought the Nkon 5200 first (because it was supposed to have awesome HD Video (I want a camera that can do Video as well).....so I tried that and hated the Nikon's controls.....returned that and bought the Canon 5Ti because of the HD Video with Auto Focus and the touchscreen and lcd that flip outs....what a cool idea!!!

Well, I have been testing this camera for a few weeks now and honestly am NOT impressed....the photos are OK, but not much different from my point and shoots...I have read the manual about 3x, have been in these forums getting advice, taking more shots, reviewing them...I'm getting a headache......it should not take THIS much effort to get a nice photo....cmon now!

I'm still keeping an open mind and hoping that maybe it's JUST ME that is doing something wrong cuz I really like the flip out screen, helped me out a lot during a concert when I actually held the camera above my head in the crowd and was able to video the band...which another bad thing is the video...yes it is HD but it auto focuses so if you move the camera it gets blurry, makes noise, and then refocuses....don't like that at all

My review (so far) would be FAIR....I wouldn't waste your money on this one....too expensive and I don't see that I got what I paid forĀ 

-- hide signature --

Teresa in Florida

Teresa in Florida's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
mediocre
Action / sports
okay
Landscapes / scenery
mediocre
Portraits
mediocre
Low light (without flash)
mediocre
Flash photography (social)
mediocre
Studio / still life
mediocre
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow