How's your overall experience w. the E 35/1.8?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Absence Of Faith
Junior MemberPosts: 45Gear list
Like?
Re: How's your overall experience w. the E 35/1.8?
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, 9 months ago

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Absence Of Faith wrote:

5nex7 wrote:

Absence Of Faith wrote:

5nex7 wrote:

Absence Of Faith wrote:

Absence Of Faith wrote:

Received the lens yesterday and have not experienced inaccurate autofocus issues as of yet. I do notice though that when the lens automatically prefocuses, it tends to go back and forth with some subjects. I've only tried the lens indoors, though. Is what I'm experiencing normal behavior?

Anyone?

I shoot with flexible spot, I prefer it to center focus because the focus area is smaller.
I let the ( flexible ) focus point in the center, focus on the subject and then recompose.
The focus assist light is disabled.
With these settings the focus is fast enough even in low light conditions, with this lens, or the other SEL lenses - I don't find any of them to be too slow..

I shoot w. flexible spot as well but rather, move the icon to where I want it to focus. Do you find that focus-recomposing sometimes causes focus errors, especially at wider apertures?

My problem with the lens is that it automatically prefocuses back and forth sometimes. Maybe the camera is swaying slightly with my minute hand movements and thus in doing so, altering the focus point? I don't have a tripod to confirm, sadly.

I use AF-S, and not AF-C.
In fact I use DMF all the time, and this does not allow AF-C mode.
Try it like this.

Yes, I'm using AF-S as well. By prefocus, I mean the automatic focusing that is done by the camera before the shutter is depressed.

Do you have Eye-on AF set to "on"?

I've looked in the manual and it states that Eye Start AF is engaged only when the LA-EA2 adaptor is attached. Is this false? I also primarily use the LCD screen to compose though there are times when the EVF is activated when my finger strays too close to the sensor.

Edit: Eye Start setting is permanently disabled on my camera. I'm guessing that the adaptor is indeed needed..

Absence Of Faith's gear list:Absence Of Faith's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow