Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Babaflowflee
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Which lens combo for the D610?
7 months ago

So I'm about to upgrade my Canon 550d to a full frame. My aim is mostly Landscape for now and then getting back into some strobist stuff. I'm looking for a wide angle lens which seems to be the Nikon 16-35mm. My budget is around $2500 in total. This is really more than I anticipated on spending but I'm about to take a long trip to some great locations and thinking I should upgrade now rather than afterwards.

I can pick up the D610 for $1700 Australian. The 16-35mm used for around $1100. And hopefully sell my current gear for around $500. This brings me just under $2500 which I would rather leave at that but seeing as I'm also looking for portrait stuff or general documenting the trip maybe a 50mm would be worth getting? would the 16-35mm be too wide at the 35mm end for this type of stuff?

I'm really hoping that the transition to the D610 is a world of difference for me, has anyone else upgraded from a 550d or similar with this type of set up and budget? Any recommendations for a budget walk around to compliment the wide angle? The wide angle is my main focus here though so maybe another lens is more suitable instead of 16-35mm?

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow