G1X Mk2 - First sample images ... (PICS)

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
GeraldW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,170Gear list
Like?
Re: Krugman and others :-)
In reply to c.hammett, 9 months ago

Very nice shots in the Vatican and Rome.  I also enjoyed the history lesson with each shot.  I was particularly interested in how well the SL1 did with the slow kit lens.  I have a 60D and several lenses, and I'm thinking the SL1 with my 18-135 IS ought to be an excellent travel set up and almost a pound lighter than my 60D.

Years ago, my wife and I did a walking tour of Rome starting at the Theater or marcellus and woking our way over the the Pantheon and then to the Trevi fountain.  It was a hot day and I was carrying a Canon 20D with a Sigma 18-125 around my neck.  By the end of the day, I was seriously considering trying to see if the 20D could swim the Tiber.  On my return home, I bought the Pro 1 as a replacement as it saved 23 oz.  I also discovered the S70 did as well or better than the 20D/18-125 as far as image quality went.

I  did notice that you thought the G1X was better in low light, and had better color; although i thought the SL1 did very well.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot A710 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot G15
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ha!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow