Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mahgeetah
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
LX7 or FZ200?
5 months ago

I've had a ZS-7 for about four years now, and it's time for an upgrade.

I mainly take shots at concerts, but also enjoy shooting nature, parties or sporting events. HD video recording with decent audio is also very important to me.

I want to stay with Panasonic because the ZS-7 was very good to me, and I see no reason to switch brands!

I love everything I’ve seen and read about the FZ200, and I’ve been testing out the demo model in the store for the last week. Feels great! However, while doing some more research, I came across the LX7, which looks appealing, mainly due to the F1.4 aperture, which sounds ideal for low light situations. I also like the small size and the wi-fi capability. The FZ200 has size working against it, but I would definitely be able to deal with it if it provided superior image-taking ability.

Obviously I’d lose a lot of zoom power with the LX7, but what else (if anything) would be different in terms of video/image quality between the two?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow