Like?
How it was used
In reply to Joseph Tainter, 8 months ago

Joseph Tainter wrote:

awaldram wrote:

Ian Stuart Forsyth wrote:

Joseph Tainter wrote:

Thanks for posting.

Is there any site that explains the technique more completely?

Joe

No I have not found any more details on how he done the 3 exposures with separate color filters, It would be interesting to see how this was done and also in the darkroom

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dellaert/aligned/

I meant, how it was done originally? There was a reference to a viewing filter. What was this?

Joe

Somebody posted images from this photographer a few years ago, though these images are different from the ones I saw back then. Probably more have been digitized. There was no darkroom process for color back then, as there was no color film to print on. The images were meant to be projected on top of each other on a screen with a converging projector that had the color filters in it. If I recall correctly, the point of the commissioned works was to be shown across the country - possibly to school children. Nobody really looked at the prints again until digital came about. I think there was a lot of volunteer work in photoshop that resulted in this treasure trove of pre WWI photos coming to light.

-- hide signature --

Through the window in the wall
Come streaming in on sunlight wings
A million bright ambassadors of morning

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow