user_name
Senior MemberPosts: 2,704Gear list
Like?
Re: Just Rent One
In reply to Matsu, 4 months ago

Matsu wrote:

user_name wrote:

Growlernz wrote:

Wish it was that simple, but that doesn't happen round here in my neck of the world.

I'm more looking to see detail, DR, noise etc, not worried about the actual content.

Lloyd Chambers did a review on this lens.

Given the cash outlay it is probably worth buying a subscription to read his observations. He does some pretty in depth reviews along with critical analysis of pictures taken with the lens.

I own both the D800 and 14-24, butI think you would get more from that review than any pictures I have of that combination.

Not asking you to divuldge the details, but what was the overall conclusion regarding image quality and autofocus?

The 14-24mm is unmatched by any other zoom.  However, there are some caveats.

Rearward focus shift is a very real issue with the 14-24mm and needs to be mitigated.  To get maximum sharpness with the 14-24mm you need to use Live View and focus at the aperture you wish to use for the picture.

In comparison, the Zeiss 15mm Distagon lacks the focus shift issues, but at $3000 you pay for that and you are limited to one focal length.

user_name's gear list:user_name's gear list
Leica M8 Nikon D700 Nikon D800
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow