ZEISS FE 24-70 gets DxO marked !!!

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
LeicaBOSS
Regular MemberPosts: 428Gear list
Like?
Re: ZEISS FE 24-70 gets DxO marked !!!
In reply to PorscheDoc, 5 months ago

1. The DxO data are always a mess. Look , I love the lens and will definitely keep it - but that data at 24mm is messed up. Nobody has sharp corners at 24mm with this lens. This DxO stuff is so goofy and counter-reality

2. We have to stop putting much stock in the data from the various lens/sensor combinations on DxO. Most of it is extrapolated vs. measured, it's hard to know when you're looking at their "best guess" or real data

4. What this data doesn't show is how really beautiful the fine / microcontrast is on this lens. I hate how they only have this "sharpness" stat, when resolution and contrast are so different, and should not be treated differently. With DxO - a kind of "high-resolving" lens with crappy, dull, boring contrast and colors will always look better on the chart. And people gobble it up - arguing over the data like it means something in practice.

5. There is no #3

Here's a photo. This picture has a P-MPx map score of 13.4.

-- hide signature --

From time to time, I point my camera at the right things. This is generally when I forget everything I've learned.

LeicaBOSS's gear list:LeicaBOSS's gear list
Leica M9 Sony SLT-A77 Canon EOS M Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow