FX (D610/800) worth an upgrade from DX D7100 ? Any suggestions ?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jonathanbruce
New MemberPosts: 12Gear list
Like?
FX (D610/800) worth an upgrade from DX D7100 ? Any suggestions ?
9 months ago

Hello... I'm hoping you can help me with a question I'm stuck and confused about.

I currently have a DX Nikon D7100 and have a 18-55 standard VR lens, but also have a 70-300 VR II FX lens.

I am unsure what to do next now.. I heard rumours of the D800 having an update (not sure when) but am thinking of a Full Frame camera as well or instead of .. what do you think ? If instead of then i would have an extra budget of £1000 to spend on lenses.  Is the D800 worth the extra money over the D610 ? These are my main concerns which are puzzling me now (it's getting confusing!).  I have and don't like the 18-105 lens that came with the camera and am stuck with using my 70-300 all the time.

Would appreciate any advice on this question?

My total budget is £2300 for camera and more lenses.

I would mainly be using the cameras for portrait and landscape, but my main photographic hobby is TT racing photos, and have struggled to get what I think (I'm a perfectionist!) are good pictures.

jonathanbruce's gear list:jonathanbruce's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D610 Nikon D7100 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow