Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Judy Stone
Regular MemberPosts: 344Gear list
Like?
Re: Connecting a D800E to a hard drive or SSD
In reply to digital ed, 5 months ago

digital ed wrote:

Judy Stone wrote:

- I do recall that years ago there was a company that sold an external HD, self powered with internal AAA batteries and with its own built in OS and flash card slot. All you needed to do was insert the flash card and the unit would automatically transfer the pictures to the internal HD.

I actually have one of those type of drives. Sitting in a box in my garage. Much too slow for my D800 files. Did use it with my Oly E-1.

Mine was made by I/O Magic and came with its own power brick and a 20 G drive which I then replaced with a larger drive. Fits in a nice padded zipper case with room for the USB cable..

-- hide signature --

"There is a little of not done yet in all of us."
John Madden, football coach

I had one of those (I can't recall the brand) with around 20GB too. I only did a single picture transfer from my Oly xD card (files were fine in the xD card) to the unit, only to find out when I got home that all the files were lost due to corruption. I therefore never used it again as I lost trust in its reliability.

Judy Stone's gear list:Judy Stone's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow