ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jontygee
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Best camera for fell walking, landscapes et seq
9 months ago

Hi

I am a newbie and need some advice please about what is the best camera to get. I am a keen fell walker and want a camera that is portable, is a point and shoot, not one where I have to change lenses, has a good zoom for those far off snaps of peaks et seq, and one that can take wide landscapes, and is good in low light and night time.

I have previously used a basic digital and find I just cannot print off the pictures as the quality is poor, so I also want one that will produce good quality images that can be printed rather than just viewed on dvd, pc et seq

I really don't know where to start. I have looked at the Panasonic TZ60, the Sony HX60 and the Nikon s9700 and I getting totally confused as to which one to go for. Even the sony hx50 looks good and to be honest I can't see much difference between the hx50 or 60.

To be honest I just looked at these as they have the biggest optical zoom for the size of camera I am looking for, but perhaps I will lose out on quality so maybe need one that ticks the boxes in terms of small size, decent optical zoom, image stability and quality and large enough sensor??

Can anyone recommend a camera for for my purposes??

Many thanks

Nikon Coolpix S9700 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow