Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tater510
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
16mp vs 24mp which one
9 months ago

Still confused, Had a question in  open forum and a few responded, which I appreciate but I'm still somewhat confused. Trying to get back into a descent camera after years of point a shoots. Don't want a umunguss SLR, even though I just bought my wife a Nikon D5300. [ thought I'd let her lug it around ]. Was looking more at a bridge camera. Lots of nice ones out there. And a few that haven't even been released. Was also looking at the Sony a6000 which isn't out yet. My question is the pixel count varies on allot of the cameras, ie 16mp to and up to 200mp Hassellblad. But to be realistic I'll be in the 16 to 24 range. Why is it that the Nikon D4 is in th 16 mp range and the the Sony a6000 is in the 20mp range yet theres about $ 3000.00 difference.  Yeah I know there's allot of software and add on's and optics on the D4. I'm just wanting something that I can pick up that's quick/fast af. and If I have picture that is 1 in a million I want to blow up to 30 x 40 I'm not going to have a problem. [ or I'm I just wishing beyond what is capable ] I had one response on my last post that told me to look for pixel density. But when I look through allot of specs on certain cameras that specs doesn't jump out at me. Heck allot of cell phones almost have the same mp's as allot of point and shoots, but I know the optics aren't there.Is it just the mps that I need to looking at and or sensor size. ?  Thanks.......

Nikon D4 Nikon D5300 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow