Wedding with the Df

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
tkelly11
Regular MemberPosts: 150Gear list
Like?
Re: Wedding with the Df
In reply to 39matt, 9 months ago

39matt wrote:

Very nice set of images and the Df is doing a great job from what I can see.

As someone who is using a D800 D700 combo for weddings I have been interested to see how the DF performs at such an event and it looks good. i am interested in one as a low light replacement for the D700 as the D4(S) is way out of my price bracket

Some people are concerned about it not having two card slots but then neither did the D700 and it is has been well used as a wedding camera.

Yeah, I can understand that being a consideration as a pro. I have (and I realise by saying this, will probably mean it will now happen to me) never had an issue with an SD card. And you are right, if the D700 did the job, no reason the Df couldn't also. The only thing that i occasionally find a challenge is focusing without an af assist lamp in really low light. I picked mine up for £1624 which I think makes it far more appealing than the £2750 list price in the UK. At £1624 its right in amongst the D610 and D800 in terms of price. Really enjoying getting to grips with it.

tkelly11's gear list:tkelly11's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow