Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Euell
Contributing MemberPosts: 974Gear list
Like?
Re: A6000 obsoletes NEX-7
In reply to PVCdroid, 5 months ago

PVCdroid wrote:

AF, sensor, and processor advantages. wifi advantages

Tri- navi is just a style thing that may never return. Then there are N7 lovers who don't want to see the truth and hang out on these forums.

You forgot the kitchen sink. No doubt this should be a nice camera but I think there should be something better. I wish Sony the best and do hope this camera is a success and that the gauge is present after all. There is also the image quality from the new sensor that is yet to be proven.

BTW, NEX-7 owners can take it and receive much worse criticism from posters.:-)

Good luck.

It is a given that there will be an upgrade following the A6000, because that is the way things work (assuming Sony does not go out of the APSc camera business). So, a satisfied NEX 7 owner might well come to the conclusion that it is better to wait for the next iteration if the new features of the A6000 do not make that much difference to him or her. On the other hand, while it may be assumed that the the successor to the A6000 will be an upgrade, even Sony probably has only a vague general idea of a future roll out date or proposed upgraded features. World economic conditions and company fortunes can play a part in such decisions, as well as marketing considerations.

One thing that may be of concern is shutter life.  I have not seen any numbers respecting the number of actuations that may be expected from NEX shutters.

Euell's gear list:Euell's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow