What's the big deal with the retro thing?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Conrad567
Regular MemberPosts: 369Gear list
Like?
Re: What's the big deal with the retro thing?
In reply to darngooddesign, 5 months ago

darngooddesign wrote:

Jim Radcliffe wrote:

Conrad567 wrote:

I come from the days of film. I just have trouble remembering which unmarked button I set for ISO which dial to turn for my aperture, or shutter speed. Sometimes I feel like navigating all of the menus is like trying to play a video game and I keep losing. I just want to look down at the camera and say, "Oh yeah that's right, the shutter speed is here and the ISO is there and the F-stop is right there on the lens where I left it. It makes shooting on the fly WAAAAYYYYY easier....IMO.

It's funny in a way. I prefer manual controls for their quick and intuitive access and use.
Some of the young people who have grown up with the iphone and other "smart" devices don't seem to know what a knob of dial is for or why it would be preferable to menu diving. We may be a dying breed.

Done correctly, a touchscreen app does not require menu diving to access the main control dials. For example, Windows Phone has a very good camera app.

Sorry, but I don't even know what half of that shot even means.  I'll keep my dials as long as Fuji will keep making them.

Conrad567's gear list:Conrad567's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow