D800 refresh rumoured

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ebuddha
Regular MemberPosts: 185
Like?
Re: Better grip?
In reply to Martin Datzinger, 9 months ago

Martin Datzinger wrote:

However - I'm leaning towards mirrorless for pure landscape application in the meantime. Less size and weight, better focus (sic) on CDAF, wich ultimately is always going to be more precise than PDAF. And crucially: A vastly better choice for lenses via adapters. You can actually merry the formidable Canon 24 TS-E with the D800E's sensor in the body of the A7R, try finding a similarly performing configuration in Nikonland! Problem of course is that the A7R has severe teething troubles, but nothing that couldn't get sorted out in a MkII version.

this is why I think Nikon had better step up soon with a mirrorless offering in the pro range. Meaning best-ever EVF and best-ever hybrid AF (OSPDAF with contrast detect).  Use the D800 body - it's a work of art.  Keep the f-mount - top of line lens system.  Just get rid of the mirror.

I sold my d800 to have room for whichever brand announces the better future at this year's Photokina. I suspect both Sony and Nikon will have big announcements by then. Sony has been on a tear and Nikon is due.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow