Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tkelly11
Regular MemberPosts: 150Gear list
Like?
Wedding with the Df
10 months ago

I accidentally posted this on the Nikon lens forum, when I meant to put it here! Oh dear...

In any case, I recently attended a friends wedding in Dublin and decided to take my Df to see how it fared. Thought you might be interested in the results. I was purely there as a guest, but they didn't have an evening photographer so even though there was a fair bit of drink flowing I tried to capture some of the fun of the evening (does focus the mind as I was very conscious of not dropping, damaging, forgetting or losing the camera!).

As expected, there was very little light at times and I loved the fact that you could bump the ISO up to 10,000 or thereabouts and not worry too much. I only had a 50mm 1.8D on the camera which is a lovely combo as it doesn't take up much space and doesn't look too intimidating. I have come from an Olympus EM5 (which i still own) and really love the quality from the Df, whilst the images might not be as 'punchy' in terms of colour, they have a wonderful 3D feel to them.

There are a few parts to it but you can start at the beginning:

http://wellisntthisabitglorious.com/the-wedding-of-gillian-and-graham-torrance/

Then these ones I really liked, taken about 3 in the morning smoking cigars under a heat lamp:

http://wellisntthisabitglorious.com/part-9-the-cigars/

All thoughts welcome!

Cheers
Tom

tkelly11's gear list:tkelly11's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +2 more
Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow