Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bluevellet
Senior MemberPosts: 1,672Gear list
Like?
Lumix 12-32 vs. Lumix 14-42 X vs. Zuiko 14-42 pancake zoom battle
6 months ago

Which one is the best? Where does this forum stand? I don't usually like kit zooms, but the quality of the latest releases is making me reconsider. I have a Lumix 14mm prime attached permanently to my E-P3 for travelling convenience, but it could be time for a change.

The 12-32 made almost as big as splash as the GM1 camera it was attached to. It goes wider than the other pancakes (but with less reach). IQ said to be very good.

Next up is the first pancake zoom, the Lumix 14-42, with a mixed reception. I'm guessing it's the easiest one to find cheap (used).

Then finally, the Zuiko 14-42 which came out of nowhere. I think it is actually the smallest, IQ is supposed to be good, though I'm unsure if it does any pseudo macro like Olympus' previous kit zooms (would be a plus).

bluevellet's gear list:bluevellet's gear list
Kodak EasyShare P880 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Olympus E-620 Olympus PEN E-P3 Nikon D610 +7 more
Olympus PEN E-P3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow